This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
The Special Spessart Bahn
Chatham, Kent – 21st February 2019 Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn has released today from Dovetail Games, the latest route add-on for their industry-leading first-person rail simulator, Train Sim World.
Travel along the Spessart mountain range, a scenic route filled with challenging slopes and beautiful views in equal measure. Carry passengers to and from work or haul tons of freight – but be wary of the steep grades… For the first time ever Banking operations are a part of this route, with dedicated locomotives joining heavy trains to help push them up the most challenging slopes.
Powered by Unreal Engine 4® technology and Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine, incorporating a simulation underpinned with expert technical knowledge and real-world data, the performance, sounds and feel has been accurately reproduced to make the trains feel just like the real thing.
Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn is out now – and here’s what you’ll find inside:
• A wondrous mix of steep gradients, scenic hillsides and swooping turns come to life in Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn, a timeless freight-heavy and passenger-laden corridor through the heart of the German countryside. Reproduced in exquisite detail, every station, signal and milepost feel so real you could almost reach out and touch them.
• It’s your job to carry freight and passengers over Main-Spessart Bahn. Manage your powerful locomotives over the steep grade and deliver your cargo on-time. Whether you’re driving, riding along or watching the action, experience all the sights and sounds of German railways at their best.
• Take control of two modern icons of German motive power, the DB BR 185.2 locomotive and the DB BR 146.2 locomotive and experience push-pull operation in the DoppelStockwagen control car. Featuring authentic electric simulations underpinned with expert technical knowledge and real-world data, the performance, sounds and feel has been accurately reproduced to make them feel just like the real thing.
• 52 km route of the Main-Spessart Bahn route from Aschaffenburg to Gemünden
• DB BR 185.2 in DB Traffic Red ‘Railion’ Livery
• DB BR 146.2 in DB Traffic Red Livery
• DB DoppelStockwagen (DoSto) Vehicles with Control Car in DB Traffic Red Livery
• Habbiins 344, Laaers 560, Shimmns-u 708 and Zacns freight wagons
• Featuring Banking locomotive operations
• Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling for both locomotives and multiple unit
• Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotives
• Five detailed and engaging scenarios for the route
• 100 Collectibles for you to find including Route Maps, Fallen Logs, Hazard Cones and Fence Holes
• Accessible tutorials to get you started quickly
• Extensive 24-Hour Service Mode Timetable
Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn: Aschaffenburg – Gemünden is now available to purchase on the Steam Store for owners of Train Sim World.
About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing PC game Train Simulator. Today Dovetail Games is responsible for train, flight and fishing simulation games and is developing for PC and leading consoles. http://www.dovetailgames.com.
Developed by Dovetail Games, SimuGraph Vehicle Dynamics Engine is a powerful visual modeling and simulation framework for the construction and real-time simulation of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems in the context of vehicle dynamics.
About Unreal Engine
Developed by Epic Games, the award-winning Unreal Engine is known for world-class graphics, tools and scalability across PC, console and mobile platforms. Unreal Engine technology is designed to accelerate developers’ productivity for creating high quality games, applications, training simulations, visualizations, digital films and animated entertainment. To access UE4, visit www.unrealengine.com
and follow @UnrealEngine.