The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Francisco, CA (or possibly as a remote position in Los Angeles, CA)
The Business Development Manager is an integral member of the Business Development team driving growth in Kongregate's publishing program. The role will include: sourcing activities to identify games and teams for publishing leads, CRM organization of leads and contacts as part of evaluation process, and other tasks. This role will work closely and collaboratively with the publishing team in order to maintain productive relationships between Kongregate and our partners. They will need to be subject matter experts on all things relating to Kongregate's partners as well as staying abreast of emerging F2P gaming trends. Many routine and non-routine decisions may be made without prior supervisor approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Organize and drive sourcing activities to identify games and teams for Kongregate publishing’s business
- Utilize Salesforce and/or other CRM for collaboration across the BD and publishing teams in evaluating and signing games
- Initial reach out and ongoing conversations with potential developer partners
- Contract review and triage with Legal and Publishing teams
- Source and evaluate incremental revenue opportunities to drive growth in new geos or platforms
- Make actionable recommendations to Kongregate’s exec and publishing leaders related to the types of developers, games and platform opportunities necessary to success in mobile and beyond
- Work closely and collaboratively with Kongregate’s teams to leverage portfolio insights to guide initiatives
- Model the leadership skills expected of all Kongregate/MTG leaders including, but not limited to, emotional maturity; the ability to create and sustain productive, trusting relationships; agility and flexibility; a commitment to a respectful, inclusive culture; and strong performance and service orientations
- Responsibility: Shows commitment to accomplish work in an ethical manner.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of channels to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand the message.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Leadership: Motivates, supports and guides others to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
- Strategic Thinking: Positions the organization for future success by identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities within market/industry. Builds the organization by developing or improving products or services. Works to manage risks, both through actions taken and not taken, for new endeavors.
- Sense of Urgency: Driving potential leads through to close, by prioritizing accordingly and collaborating across the organization to deliver results, and setting an example to others in this way.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrates concern for satisfying external and internal customers.
- Creativity / Innovation: Delivers creative solutions to business challenges, and innovates with new processes that scale.
- Executive Disposition: Demonstrating a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect; conveying an image that is consistent with the organization's vision and values.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- 3+ years of experience in game industry, developer relations, business development, or comparable field required
- Regular travel required, including international travel
- Bachelor’s degree required
- More junior applicants are welcome to apply, but job title will be adjusted accordingly
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of F2P game studios
- Proficient skills in evaluating games for suitability to the Kongregate audience and platforms
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English — additional spoken and written literacy in Chinese, Korean, Spanish, French, Russian, and German preferred to support international sourcing activities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, or similar programs
- Experience building pitch decks
- Experience with Salesforce or related CRM tools a bonus
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to Kongregate policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
This position is available in our San Francisco, CA location or possibly as a remote position in Los Angeles, CA.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.