Simon Cowell has the text factor
· We’d love to hear Piers Morgan and Simon Cowell’s private reactions to public humblings
· Roy Hodgson’s starting XI for the World Cup found to be the most interesting sporting secret
22 nd May, 2014:
Whilst phone hacking and email interception remain hot topics, there are still a number of situations where the public would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what celebs really think and Simon Cowell is top of most Brits list, according to a poll by GAME.
While Cowell may have recently been sitting pretty on the music rich-list, it’s not always been plain sailing for the ‘TV pantomime villain’. Almost a third (30%) of the unforgiving British public were eager to hear his genuine reaction to the news his West End musical ‘I Can’t Sing’ was to close after just six weeks.
His showbiz pal Piers Morgan was second on the hit list, with 21% intrigued to hear his private reaction to having his chat show axed.
The poll was conducted by the UK’s biggest video games retailer, GAME to celebrate the launch of Watch Dogs on May 27 th, which enables players to take on the role of brilliant hacker Aiden Pearce.
With the public’s thoughts turning to the World Cup, the GAME poll sees Roy Hodgson’s inbox come top of the most interesting sporting secrets as he chooses his starting 11 for the World Cup (16%) compared to Ryan Giggs upon hearing that Louis Van Gaal had been confirmed as Manchester United Manager (11%), and Kevin Pietersen being told he was sacked from the England cricket team (2%).
Watch_Dogs will be released on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, and PC, from 27th May. There is limited stock available of GAME’s exclusive Special Editions available in store or on the GAME website.
- Ends –
Hacking hit list:
1. Simon Cowell – after hearing about the sudden closure of his West End Musical (30%)
2. Piers Morgan – upon hearing he’d been fired from his TV show (21%)
3. Roy Hodgson – as he discusses his final 11 for the World Cup (16%)
4. Ryan Giggs – upon hearing Louis Van Gaal had been appointed Man Utd Manager (11%)
5. Nigel Farage – handling the latest rogue candidate (7%)
6. Rebekah Brooks – her conversations with David Cameron (5%)
7. Katie Price - confronting her unfaithful husband (5%)
8. Justin Bieber – after one of several times he was arrested (3%)
9. Katie Hopkins – on her potential plans to stand as an MEP (2%)
10. Kevin Pietersen – being told why he was dropped by England (2%)
*Research was conducted by the GAME Panel on a sample of 3,500 adults, May 2014
PLEASE NOTE : GAME is always capital letters
For further information please contact:
Mark Lewington, MHP Communications
T: 0203 128 8569 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Hills, MHP Communications
T: 0203 128 8154 E: email@example.com
GAME Retail Ltd is committed to delivering for the gaming communities of the UK online, in-store, on mobile and through their app. With a leading reward proposition, incredible exclusive content and great deals, make GAME your number one destination for your gaming needs. For more information, please visit www.game.co.uk.