[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
MCM LONDON COMIC CON – EXCEL LONDON – 23-25
The UK's biggest and best celebration of pop. culture, MCM
London Comic Con returns to ExCel London on 23-25 May for a long
weekend packed with special guests, sci-fi, movies, videogames,
comic books, eSports, online video, anime and cosplay. Here's a
taste of what will be on show:
Special guests meeting fans, presenting panels and signing
autographs at the show include:
Other special guests include Ian McNeice (
Doctor Who, Rome), Scott Adkins (
The Expendables 2), Caroline Munro (
The Spy Who Loved Me), Nick Nevern (
Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie), Annette Badland (
Doctor Who) and Nina Wadia (
EastEnders). For the full line-up, visit:
Orphan Black star Dylan Bruce (
Arrow, 24: Conspiracy, Unstoppable).
Falling Skies' Drew Roy (
Secretariat, Hannah Montana), Connor Jessup (
Blackbird), Seychelle Gabriel (
The Spirit) and Luciana Carro (
Game Of Thrones' James Cosmo (
Braveheart, Highlander), Julian Glover (
Star Wars, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade) and Josef
Nikita, Kick-Ass and How I Met Your Mother star
Once Upon A Time's Meghan Ory (
Intelligence) and Beverley Elliott (
- Henry Winkler, famous for playing iconic character The
- Robert Llewellyn, best known for playing Kryten in sci-fi
- Shane Richie, who stars as Alfie Moon in much-loved BBC One
- Cast and crew from
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist will present a world
exclusive panel on the new live action series, which debuts on
Machinima on the opening day of comic con.
- Tamara Taylor, best known for her role as Dr. Camille Saroyan
in crime drama
- Games publishers attending include Capcom, Nintendo, Tecmo
Koei, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, Jagex, Reef Entertainment &
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
- MCM eSports Powered by ESL - MCM Expo Group has recently
partnered with the Electronic Sports League (ESL), who will be
producing the Razer-sponsored
League of Legends Invitational and Open Tournaments taking
place across comic con weekend.
- Not only is Honda bringing an anime-inspired bike to the show -
the ace NM4 Vultus - but visitors will get to meet the designers
and virtually ride it thanks to an Oculus Rift headset.
- Bandai Namco will also be bringing a special guest along to MCM
London Comic Con; famed
Tales of... series producer Hideo Baba!
- For the first time, MCM London Comic Con will be showcasing the
work of independent games developers in a dedicated zone - Go Indie
- The sold-out Comic Village will be home to more than 200
talented artists and writers, including Robert Rankin, Boo Cook,
Richard Starkings, John McCrea, Lee Bradley and Gary Erskine. For a
full list, visit
- Superstar wrestlers Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian -
who formed famous TNA tag team Bad Influence - are coming to the
show with their new comic
, Christopher Daniels And Kazarian Wrestle Ah Yeah Comics,
drawn by Eisner Award-winner Art Baltazar.
Anime, Cosplay & Asian Culture
- Bigger than ever, MCM's celebration of online video Vidfest UK
features a host of great channels and world premiere web series,
including Geek & Sundry, Raindance Film Festival, Eddsworld,
Tomska, Weebl's Stuff, TimH, Jack And Dean, World Of The Orange,
Chris Bingham and
Ashens And The Quest For The GameChild, starring Stuart
Ashen, Warwick Davis and Robert Llewellyn.
For MCM London Comic Con tickets, visit:
- This show's Anime Guests of Honour are
Blue Exorcist: The Movie's director Atsushi Takahashi (
Rideback) and producer Takamitsu Inoue (
- Special guest Wendee Lee has voiced some of anime's most iconic
heroines, including Haruhi Suzumiya,
Lucky Star's Konata Izumi and
Cowboy Bebop's Faye Valentine.
- The UK's three leading anime distributors - Manga
Entertainment, MVM Entertainment and Anime Limited - will be
taking part in an on-stage industry panel.
- JapanEx has been expanded to create a new PopAsia zone, packed
with all the vibrant colour, delicious food, beautiful art and
fabulous fashion of traditional and modern Asia.
- As well as hosting a Cosplay Masquerade, MCM London Comic Con
will be the venue for the UK qualifiers of the EuroCosplay
Championships, Europe's biggest cosplay competition.