Sniper Elite V2 tops UK charts for second week
Rebellion Developments and 505 Games' tactical shooter Sniper Elite V2 held onto the top spot in the UK sales charts for the second week in a row, despite a drop in sales week-over-week.
Sales of the title were down 38 percent overall for the week ended May 12, and according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track, but it still managed to hold off FIFA Street, which settled for second place with a 10 percent increase in sales.
Prototype 2 dropped further down the chart last week, and can now be found at number four following a 53 percent decrease in sales week-over-week. The rest of the chart remained completely stationary, except where Assassin's Creed: Revelations re-entered the chart at number ten.
LightBox and SCE Santa Monica's Warhawk spiritual sequel Starhawk was the only new release to enter the top 40 last week, rising to number 17 -- not too shabby when you take into account the fact that it is a PS3 exclusive.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games)
2. FIFA Street (EA)
3. FIFA 12 (EA)
4. Prototype 2 (Activision)
5. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
6. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA)
7. Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft)
8. Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
9. Battlefield 3 (EA)
10. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Both versions of Sniper Elite V2 once again took the top of the Chart-Track's individual formats top 10 chart, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of FIFA Street took positions three and four respectively.
Elsewhere, the special Xbox 360 edition of The Witcher 2 re-entered the chart at number ten.
1. Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games, Xbox 360)
2. Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games, PS3)
3. FIFA Street (EA, Xbox 360)
4. FIFA Street (EA, PS3)
5. Prototype 2 (Activision, Xbox 360)
6. FIFA 12 (EA, Xbox 360)
7. Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
8. Mass Effect 3 (EA, Xbox 360)
9. Prototype 2 (Activision, PS3)
10. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings: Enhanced Edition (Namco Bandai, Xbox 360)