Modern Warfare 3 Holds Onto Top Of UK Charts Despite Multiple New Releases
In a week full of new releases, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 managed to hold on to the top spot in the UK software sales charts, despite an 87 percent drop in sales week-over-week.
For the week ended November 19, and according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track, the charts saw five new titles, but Modern Warfare 3 still took first place in its second week on sale.
Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Revelations was left to take second place, although it sold 4 percent more units in its first week than the previous in the series, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
Saints Row: The Third from THQ took slot number four, with Bethesda's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim refusing to drop down the charts, and digging in at number three.
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, the remake of the original Halo, jumped into the charts at number six, just above the latest release in the Zelda franchise, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, which only managed to reach number seven.
Nintendo had two huge titles launching this week, with Mario joining Zelda as Super Mario 3D Land entered the charts at a lowly number nine.
This week marks the first time Zumba Fitness has left the top ten in a very long while. The game can be found down at number 15.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
2. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
4. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
5. FIFA 12 (EA)
6. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Microsoft)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
8. Battlefield 3 (EA)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
10. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 topped the Chart-Track's individual formats top 10 chart, although the PS3 version was forced to take position three just behind the Xbox 360 version of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
The PS3 version of Revelations took position four to round-off the top four.
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision, Xbox 360)
2. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision, PS3)
4. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft, PS3)
5. Saints Row: The Third (THQ, Xbox 360)
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda, Xbox 360)
7. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
8. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo, Wii)
9. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS)
10. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft, Wii)