Once upon a time I was a ninja; now aspiring to become samurai...
Hands-on economist with a strong background in start-up entrepreneurship, a passion for writing, gaming, cinema, and 15 years of experience in marketing, public relations, business development, customer acquisition/retention and community management. Currently active in the mobile gaming space and in clean hardware cooling.
As a gamer, I tend to be an eclectic bulimic who will play anything and everything (for varying periods of time), hardcore or casual, from the most obscure and niche title to the most mainstream sell-out blockbuster. My gaming virginity was taken through Commodore 64. My favorite systems of all time are the Nintendo Super Famicom and the SEGA Dreamcast, which I still have plugged to the TV, yet I have nothing against a quick-play of Angry Birds Space or Candy Crush Saga on my phone.
- Participated in launching Combo Crew and ZiGGURAT on the App Store.
- Used to run marketing at Lik-Sang.com back in the early Internet days.
- Participated in making and launching Smartjoy, Smartjoy FRAG, Super Smartjoy, Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller and Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Stick [that's all hardware stuff].
- Drove the "Mysterious Cities of Gold video game" Kickstarter campaign to 152% of funding goal.
- Used to write for EDGE and JeuxVideo.com
- Lived as a "gwai-loh" in crazy Hong Kong for five years. Learned salsa dancing as a "gringo" in Colombia.
Since the infamous cut from Assassinís Creed Unity at E3, thereís been a growing debate about the place of women in our industry. Seeing a high number of female executives at Rovio, I interviewed Angry Birds Stella lead Heini Kahu about gender balance.
It's ChinaJoy week. Some of you might be visiting China for the first time at this occasion. This summary guide will help you better grasp the current state of Digital China, and the gigantic opportunity it represents.
[News - 08/12/2014 - 07:40]
when you 're booking half ...
when you 're booking half a billion per quarter, your business is affected by macro-economic factors, such as many big European countries paying annual taxes in June, for one, and the World Cup eating away leisure time in the same month, and then, well, it 's sunnier outdoors. Taxes payment ...