[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource Games Press.]
The retro RPG Misery Street made by Aleksandar Ðurièiæ is coming to Steam and Itch.io on the 6th of August 2021 for Windows and MacOS.
Welcome to Misery Street! An adventure RPG about humanity, loneliness and existential dread. Explore a dark world full of mystery, KILL vicious monsters, solve puzzles, become a HERO or just try to get to the end where the meaning of life is supposed to be...
The story follows a miserable teenager called Emo who believes his life has no meaning. One day a mysterious cloaked man tells Emo of a place called Misery Street. He explains that by making it to the end of the street one will learn the meaning of life. This piques Emo's interest, so he sets off on a journey through a dark and treacherous world. Will you join him?
- Play time of about 10 - 20 hours, with a unique NewGame+.
- Hundreds of odd items, weapons and armor.
- Funny albeit dark dialogues with weird and hopeless freaks.
- Balanced fights.
- Synergies with various combinations of equipment, skills and items that allow for many play-styles.
- A friend to talk to anytime on your journey.
- More than 250 distinct monsters for you to MURDER.
- At least one cat.
- Secrets. Lots of secrets.
Tittle: Misery Street
Genre: Indie, adventure, RPG
Platforms: Steam(Win/Mac), Itch.io(Win/Mac)
Developer: Aleksandar Ðurièiæ
Release date: August 6th 2021
Twitter account: https://twitter.com/aleksndrduricic
Contact: [email protected]