SpeedTreeRT, a popular foliage middleware, has been licensed for eight new games under development by developers around the world, including Sega and Trinigy.
Newly-announced SpeedTreeRT licensees are:
- Sega, which has picked up the SpeedTree license for an indeterminate game, though Sonic Team head Yuji Naka is apparently involved: "We are pleased to give our players the best foliage available in real-time," said Naka.
- Trinigy GmbH, which has integrated SpeedTree into its Vision|3D engine, although it will not be fully available to Vision customers unless they license SpeedTree separately from IDV.
- Dimps Corp. has licensed SpeedTree for an undisclosed project.
- Russian publisher 1C Company has licensed the middleware for Whirlwind of Vietnam: UH-1, in order to recreate the jungle environments.
- Steel Monkeys, a Belarus-based developer, will use SpeedTree in its upcoming third-person shooter 2 Days to Vegas.
- Washington developer Shadowpool Studios has licensed the foliage creator for its MMORPG Trials of Ascension.
- Finally, the German division of European Aeronautic Defense and Space has licensed SpeedTree for a non-game use, the details of which were not disclosed.