The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new videogame development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently partnered with Nexon to make Lawbreakers - a science fiction first person shooter. Boss Key Productions is looking for a talented an driven Senior Network Engineer to help define and implement the best back-end architecture and online infrastructure for Lawbreakers.
- Work closely with the design and gameplay team to develop the entire network portion of our game, with a focus on servers and back-end service infrastructure
- Create the back-end server infrastructure, including web, statistics, databases and game server hosting on 3rd party infrastructure
- Diagnose and fix complex player impacting problems within the live environment
- Setting up systems to deploy worldwide client & server versions & Patches with minimal player downtime
- Setup the Player Persistence back-end: 3rd Party Account, Profile, Statistics
- Create back-end solutions for competitive Leaderboards with Ingame, App and Web digestion
- Implement Commerce API
- Implement Advanced skill based and geographic Matchmaking systems
- Setup deep User Tracking, analytics and support the creation of dashboards
- Create load-testing test suites and analysis; and drive towards solutions
- Create the Client interface with the Cloud systems and Launcher
- Managing and Deployment of Virtual machines
- Support the game as a High availability service and Maintenance
- Be the key point of contact with 3rd parties
- At least 4 years experience as a network engineer on a high availability and high performing service
- Have deep and current knowledge about Multiplayer games architecture of the past 10 years
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++
- Proven knowledge and experience in setting up modern Cloud and/or Website architectures
- Experience with UDP/TCP low-level network implementation
- Experience with smart Client and Server Patching
- Low-level network knowledge such as packet capture (wireshark, tcpdump), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT etc
- Great communication skills and have a collaborative attitude with co-workers and external parties
- Only US citizens or individuals with a valid green card should apply
- Prior experience running a 'game as a service' as an Online engineer on a PC or Console game
- Experience with Python, Unix/Linux and/or REST APIs
- Experience with AWS services architecture, roll-out and management
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.