Get a job: Boss Key seeks a Multiplayer Game Designer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently partnered with Nexon on a project that is codenamed “BlueStreak” a free to play science fiction first person shooter.
Boss Key Productions is looking for a talented and versatile multiplayer game designer who's willing to get their hands dirty in a wide range of systems and gameplay designs for our competitive sci-fi shooter BlueStreak.
- Work as part of the gameplay team in a highly collaborative environment
- Design and steer the prototyping and implementation of various game mechanics and features
- Write all necessary documentation to support design concepts and goals
- Work within the editor to manage and balance all appropriate stats and variables
- Take a game mechanic or feature from concept to ship quality
- Iterate, take feedback, iterate some more, take some more feedback, and keep iterating until we've struck gold
- At least 2-3 years experience as a multiplayer game designer working on gameplay systems and mechanics
- A minimum of 1 AAA title developed alongside a moderate to large-sized team
- Have a deep understanding of game balance and building multiplayer systems
- Understanding of the FPS market and what its players want, while simultaneously having a broad understanding of systems and mechanics in other genres
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- You absolutely must be open-minded and not afraid to try something new, even if it has not been done ever/successfully before
- A strong working relationship and ethic when it comes to working with other development disciplines
- Capable of working independently and without constant check-ins or task lists provided - quite simply, you can get it done
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate all around gamer (bonus points if you include tabletop and board games to that list)
- Willing to break out of your comfort zone and wear multiple hats as a designer - UI, weapon balance, monetization, metagame and social mechanics are terms that don't scare you, regardless of how much experience you might have previously had working on them
- Specialty or a strong interest in metagame systems and UI/UX is a big plus.
- You and Excel are best buds
- Deep knowledge of competitive multiplayer games, especially shooters, fighting games and strategy games
- You abhor the smell of bullshit
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.