UK games industry trade body Ukie launched its new Policy Manifesto this week, a set of action points that the organization hopes will encourage the UK government to look into furthering the games industry.
This new manifesto
, detailed as part of a political reception for game industry people and members of parliament last night, puts forward three main areas of policy support:
• Support to help UK games companies grow across the UK
- including regulatory stability, better infrastructure and a long term roadmap where games businesses can access public funding and support proportionate to the other screen industries
• Promotion of the UK games industry abroad
- demonstrating that the UK is one of the leading videogame industries in the world, including a focus on funding, fully supporting and working with industry on trade and investment activity such as trade missions and helping UK businesses to reach overseas marketplaces
• Building a strong and diverse talent pipeline
- including supporting the new Computing Curriculum, investing in careers guidance and extending and making permanent the Skills Investment Fund
The manifesto has gathered support from game companies like Ubisoft and Activision Blizzard.