Organizers of the Independent Games Festival have named the judges for the inaugural IGF Mobile, a first-of-its-kind event, celebrating innovation in games for cellphones and other mobile devices, including Sony's PlayStation Portable and the Nintendo DS.
A panel of high-profile executives and journalists within the mobile gaming industry have been confirmed to help award nearly $20,000 in prizes at this sister event to the IGF, first announced
in August, and to take place at Game Developers Conference 2008 next February in San Francisco.
Confirmed judges for the first ever IGF Mobile event are:
- Mike Yuen, Senior Director, Gaming Group, Qualcomm
- David Gosen, CEO, I-play
- Arjan Olsder, Writer, Mobilegamesblog.com
- Darryl Williams, Senior Director of Content, Playphone
- Justin Davis, Editor-in-chief, Modojo
- Demetri G. Detsaridis, Creative Director, Massively Mobile
- Stuart Dredge, Writer, Pocket Gamer
- Neil Trevett, Vice President Mobile Content, NVIDIA
- Monty Munford, Business Development Director, Player X
- Steve Wetherill, President, Uztek Games
- Matthew Hawkins, Writer, zedgeHeadz
- Michael Chang, CEO, Greystripe
- John Walker, Writer, Rock Paper Shotgun
Like the main IGF competition (part of the CMP Game Group, as is Gamasutra), the IGF Mobile will have its own pavilion featuring the finalists on the show floor at the Game Developers Conference 2008 next February, and all finalist games will be available to play at the pavilion.
Winners will be announced at a ceremony during the GDC Mobile conference and honored during the main IGF Awards on Wednesday February 20, 2008. In addition, submissions for the IGF Mobile competition close October 26, 2007, and entry information can be found on the official IGF Mobile website
, alongside prize and sponsor specifics.