Simplygon 6.0 Now Available
Linköping, Sweden - May 8, 2014 - Simplygon, the leading provider of automatic 3D optimization solutions for digital content creation, today announced that Simplygon 6.0 is now available. The new version of Simplygon introduces new features that will raise the quality of Level of Detail (LOD) models, meshes and scenes created using the software. A key feature is Visibility, which enables Simplygon 6.0 to intelligently cull parts of models that the end-user doesn’t see, while maintaining higher detail in the visible parts of the models.
Simplygon 6.0 also reduces the number of draw calls, further enhancing performance. To set up a trial of Simplygon or learn more, please contact email@example.com
“Simplygon 6.0 adds a number of features and improvements that the community has asked for, as well as some that our team have developed to optimize and improve the experience,” said Martin Ekdal, Vice President and Co-Founder of Donya Labs. “It’s seems like it would be impossible to deliver higher-quality LOD models while using less draw calls and fewer polygons, but we’re doing exactly that with 6.0. With the new Visibility feature, Simplygon now intelligently builds the LODs by maintaining higher detail in the visible spectrum while removing the parts that aren’t seen, all within a single model.”
Improvements in Simplygon 6.0
• New Normal Calculator – Significantly improved normal handling in the reducer as it handles mesh normals in a much better fashion.
• Support for Multiple Mapping Images and Multiple Material Output while casting - Now API users can cast multiple output materials from the API, which allows for more freedom.
• Automatic symmetry and detection
• Improved Atlas Packing and Parameterization When Generating Texture Coordinates - Meaning better texture parameterization.
• Scene Aggregator / Aggregate LOD - A new way of reducing draw calls. Combine meshes and cast new materials while keeping the UV data from the original meshes intact and allowing for better UV utilization.
• Visibility aided MeshLODs - MeshLOD reduction now takes into account where the mesh is visible from, which allows the processor to keep part of a model visible and cull the parts that are not.
• Visibility aided MaterialLODs - With visibility, the caster will add more texture details to parts that are visible.
• Material LOD: Material Replacement – An additional material LOD feature to reduce draw calls. Instead of baking materials you can tell Simplygon to find replace with existing materials.
• User / Visibility weighting for UV's – Users can choose to add more texture detail when they want.
• New and Improved Next-Generation Material Caster - now it’s multi-threaded.
• Massive speed improvements with multi-core support
Simplygon enables its partners to get the most from their development process by automatically optimizing 3D-assets for animation, games, CAD and film. This provides customers with all the benefits of Level of Detail (LOD) models, but none of the usual
drawbacks, such as time and resource-consuming manual work, increased production time, and higher development cost. In addition, Simplygon results in a higher and more consistent LOD quality, with LOD models available earlier and throughout the production chain, and more content being able to be shown on screen, which gives increased visual quality.
Simplygon is the leading automatic 3D-optimization technology and spawned from within the demanding video games industry. Simplygon is developed by Donya Labs, a privately held company founded 2006 and headquartered in Sweden. Donya Labs and the Simplygon Team is dedicated to helping professional software developers make complex 3D content available on all platforms while streamlining their production pipeline. For more information, please visit: www.simplygon.com
For further information, please contact:
+46 (0) 73 158 51 13