2.0 Studios Press Release
Earlier this week, we not only fulfilled the promise of BlockWorld Multiplayer, but added a great many fixes, optimisations and quality improvements to this already fully featured creative Block-Game experience!
BlockWorld was released in late August of 2012, with infinite terrain, colourful dyes, real-time physics, weapons and more, onto the Xbox Live Indie Games section of the Xbox 360. This is the first of many updates we will be providing to our customers as a thank you to their continued support.
During the first week of v1.1’s life cycle, BlockWorld can be purchased for the reduced price of 80ms points ($1 US) as an incentive to get plenty of new players online, and as a reward to early adopters of this surprisingly unique and creative construction game.
A handful of the distinguishing features that make BlockWorld worthy of your notice are:
1. 30 Colourful dyes to recolor over 50 unique blocks.
2. Three terrain generators: Middle Earth, Flat lands and Floating Island.
3. Combat mode, complete with Swords and Bows for some hot Avatar on Avatar action.
4. Anti-greifing measures such as private slots, and inventory locks with host controls.
5. A mature engine that has spent a year on Mobile platforms, benefiting from incredible optimisation and performance improvements as a direct result.
6. That retro pixel art style, with HD effects such as refractive water, smooth lighting and high speed blur effects to make this an experience that feels at home on modern hardware.
We at 2.0 Studios are also listening to feedback, joining worlds and investigating all reports, requests and issues players have had since the launch of the multiplayer patch, and are thrilled with the how well this fantastic new update is being received by our community!
We are now hard at work, finishing the v1.2 patch. Players can expect the following from the next feature packed update:
1. Flowing water and buckets
2. Fences and gates with many variants thereof
3. Dozens of permutations of existing block types such as Adamantium slabs and steel stairs to ensure that BlockWorld is the ultimate creative experience!
4. Paintball weapons to add to the already awesome Combat game mode that arrived in v1.1
5. Additional performance, and rare-case fixes to this already mature and stable product.
We work hard to maintain developer transparency and to ensure that we are easily reached for additional information, news and requests.