The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Mateo, California
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to join the development team of our hit game, Slime Rancher, and to help us with the exciting games we cook up in the future.
In this role you will design player experiences from end to end including defining gameplay goals and tuning related features. As a Senior Game Designer, you will collaborate with other studio teams to drive projects from initial design to final production.
This is a full-time position on-site in our San Mateo, California office.
As a Senior Game Designer, you will do the following at Monomi Park:
- Work with the Design and Development teams to create new content and features that drive player engagement.
- Write game descriptive text and dialogue.
- Own all aspects of level design from white boxing environments to world building with finished environment art assets.
- Drive and clearly communicate design vision to cross-disciplinary teams including art, engineering, quality assurance, and community.
- Iterate on designs based on internal/external playtests, game metrics, team and community input.
- Be a proactive member of the Design team, brainstorming and developing designs, and providing feedback to other designers.
- Adhere to budget, schedule and performance constraints.
To be considered, you need the following:
- At least 7 years of game design experience on a development team.
- Have shipped a title built on Unreal or Unity.
- Experience with world building and good level design sensibilities.
- Strong creative writing ability and experience developing game narratives and dialogue.
- Strong design skills with a deep understanding of game mechanics and game flow.
- Ability to write and manage design documentation.
- Have contributed to project design throughout the product lifecycle.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
Bonus qualities that will give you an edge:
- Scripting experience.
- Intimate knowledge of Slime Rancher and our community.
- Competitive salaries and company profit sharing.
- Fully paid for health, dental and vision insurance for you and your family.
- Lots of company lunches, happy hours and other events.
- Perks like free games and cool swag.
- Relocation assistance.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.