Get a job: Sony Santa Monica seeks a Senior Programmer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Sony Santa Monica is seeking a senior engine/graphics programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed God of War games.
In this role you work on engine and graphics systems throughout both run-time and tools. Your primary customers are the contents creators and you provide them with state-of-the-art technology and rendering features, and you are deeply about the quality of their experience and their ability to iterate and achieve high quality with the systems you provide. You maintain an open dialog with all customers, inviting feedback, looking for areas of improvement.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
- Designing and implementing systems and tools to support engine, rendering, and technology needs (such as streaming, world rendering and editing, shaders, lighting, particles, effects, and more).
- Help support and maintain existing systems.
- Provide support and assistance to team end users.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
- As needed work on runtime engine tasks to support specific project requirements.
- Testing and documenting of the code you write.
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years programming experience.
- Expertise in C and C++.
- Strong generalist skills and solid code architectural skills.
- Solid understanding of graphics-related math.
- Expert in modern rendering and engine-related issues
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.