The DS game Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 sold nearly 300,000 units during the month of May in Japan, as software for Nintendo's handheld dominated the charts, according to Famitsu.
As reported on by the gaming weblog AndriaSang.com, Famitsu said that through May 31, six of the top 10 games during the month were DS games, while eight of the top 10 games were for portable consoles, indicative of the commuter culture in Japan.
The only two games for home consoles that appeared on the May top 10 in Japan were Koei's Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires for PlayStation 3, and Nintendo's Wii Fit.
Right behind the top-selling Kingdom Hearts 358/2 was Capcom's Ace Attorney Investigations for DS. Below are the top 10 games for the period beginning April 27 and ending May 31:
1. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (Square Enix, DS): 291,211
2. Ace Attorney Investigations (Capcom, DS): 201,817
3. Dragon Ball Kai (Namco Bandai, DS): 176,725
4. Wario Ware DIY (Nintendo, DS): 156,692
5. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Pokemon, DS): 131,060 (total 329,484)
6. Persona (Atlus, PSP): 122,962
7. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G PSP the Best (Capcom, PSP): 94,626 (total 742,875)
8. Sloan & McHale's Mysterious Story (Level-5, DS): 82,183
9. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires (Koei, PS3): 78,680
10. Wii Fit (Nintendo, Wii): 74,930 (total 3,388,514)